1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Need help on XP networking

Discussion in 'Networking' started by ztcrown, Jan 6, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ztcrown

ztcrown Thread Starter

I am trying to connect 2 XP computers at my office.
    I already have ethernet cable conncetions at the office where 2 XP computers are located.
    I am trying to share a printer and to access files from both computers.
    Well, I have never done this before and I would like to know what would be the easiest way to set this up.
    The 2 Xp computers have the ethernet cards in them. I do not have any cables to connect the 2XPs yet.
    One of the computer has the printer connected.
    Do I need a special software to set this up?
    Also, what kind of cables do I need to connect the 2XPs?
    Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

2. Monstrous Mi

Monstrous Mi

Your best starting point is the XP Windows Networking Wizard. It is fairly foolproof.

When connecting the computers you use a crossover cat5 cable (usually yellow) to directly connect from ethernet card to ethernet card. If you have a network hub, then you will need straight through cat5 cables (usually blue or grey).

3. ztcrown

ztcrown Thread Starter

Thanks,
    I will try that, and will keep you updated on the progress!!!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/111727

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice