Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Need HELP!! Outlook Express Restore after COMPRESSION!

10K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  ____Floyd 
#1 ·
Hi I'm using WinXP. My Outlook Express 6 prompted me if I would wanna do a compression to save space. So I need. After compression. A whole lot of my important mails went missing. I desperately need the emails back. I've tried seaching for software to restore but all have failed.

I need to restore stuff on my inbox and send box.
Thanks you

Sincerely,
Danny

#2 ·
Hi ____Floyd

Welcome to Tech Support Guy Forums!

If only some of your messages are missing and not whole folders, they may be gone for good. :(

Try a Search for .dbx,.dbt to see if any Inbox(1).dbx, SentItems(1).dbx files or Inbox.dbt, SentItems.dbt files are found.

Windows XP Service Pack 2 implemented the Compacting of the message store after the 100th closing of Outlook Express.
If Yes is selected and Outlook Express is forced to close, corruption of the message store can result.

This link has a few programs that can extract messages from the .dbx files (if the messages still exist):
Messages in Inbox or other mail folders disappear

This link has a few extraction programs not free and the OETool
http://www.oehelp.com/Default.aspx
Run the Compact all messages with the OETool and the Registry key that tracks how many times Outlook Express has been closed will be reset to zero.

I use the OETool quite a bit for compacting one folder at a time and for its other features. :up:

Keep your Inbox empty, move messages you want to keep to folders of your own creation in Outlook Express.
Same applies to the SentItems folder, start a SentItems-2004 etc. folder and move messages you want to keep out of those dynamic folders.

OEBackup

Sorry, could not offer much hope.

#3 ·
EAFiedler said:
Hi ____Floyd

Welcome to Tech Support Guy Forums!

If only some of your messages are missing and not whole folders, they may be gone for good. :(

Try a Search for .dbx,.dbt to see if any Inbox(1).dbx, SentItems(1).dbx files or Inbox.dbt, SentItems.dbt files are found.

Windows XP Service Pack 2 implemented the Compacting of the message store after the 100th closing of Outlook Express.
If Yes is selected and Outlook Express is forced to close, corruption of the message store can result.

This link has a few programs that can extract messages from the .dbx files (if the messages still exist):
Messages in Inbox or other mail folders disappear

This link has a few extraction programs not free and the OETool
http://www.oehelp.com/Default.aspx
Run the Compact all messages with the OETool and the Registry key that tracks how many times Outlook Express has been closed will be reset to zero.

I use the OETool quite a bit for compacting one folder at a time and for its other features. :up:

Keep your Inbox empty, move messages you want to keep to folders of your own creation in Outlook Express.
Same applies to the SentItems folder, start a SentItems-2004 etc. folder and move messages you want to keep out of those dynamic folders.

OEBackup

Sorry, could not offer much hope.
Hi EAFiedler,

Thanks I'm just glad that you are helpful enough to reply. I dont seems to get response else where. I will note what you mentioned about keeping messages into dynamic folders.

Thanks again

Cheers!
Danny

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.