1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Need help: PC Freezing

Discussion in 'Games' started by CaptainObvio, Jul 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CaptainObvio

CaptainObvio Thread Starter

Ok so I built this PC not too long ago, about a month or two. Since I've built it I had problems with it freezing up. It's very weird I've never seen this happen before on a PC, what it does is when I'm playing games anything really it chokes up. Everything stops for about 20 seconds and the sound loops constantly then after about a few seconds everthing speeds up and it stops lagging.

This happens to almost every game I've played, things from Ragnarok Online, World of warcraft, even Diablo 2. Now these aren't very high requirement games. It's really making me mad it doesn't do it all the time, sometimes it does this constantly or sometimes not at all. When I freeze up my CPU seems to use up alot of memory but then quickly stop after it's done with the fritz it's having.

Here's my PC specs.

Operating System: Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 2
    Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
    System Manufacturer: GBT___
    System Model: AWRDACPI
    BIOS: Award Modular BIOS v6.00PG
    Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.20GHz (2 CPUs)
    Memory: 1024MB RAM
    DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
    Card name: NVIDIA GeForce 7600 GT
    Manufacturer: NVIDIA
    Chip type: GeForce 7600 GT
    DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC
    Display Memory: 256.0 MB
    Current Mode: 1280 x 1024

Just to note: I do have all the latest Drivers and everything is up to date.

I really have no clue what's going on with it and it's driving me nuts. Does anyone have any advice?

2. pehbond

pehbond

i have had this problem. mine was due to a dying power supply. have you tried a different power supply. also have you disabled any programs that may be running in the backround that may be interfering with your gaming

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/484433

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice