Need help picking hardware

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

arittdtdtdtdt

Ok so few weeks ago I decided I am gonna get myself a new pc. So I have decided on a few things but am in a little confusion!

CPU- AMD ryzen 3600x
GPU- rx 580
ram- 16 gb
Hard Disk- 500 gb and a 500g
an SSD - any ssd

Here is the problem i dont know which motherbhoard i should get!!
see i need a low budget motherboard within 150 dollars.
AND A PSU.

it would be amazing if someone could provide me with the model of the motherboard and the watt of the psu i need.

thankyou!!

crjdriver

Your question is too vague. What is the intended use for the system ie render video, game, overclocking, what?
You list a very pw hungry video card. You are going to need a quality pw supply for that card. One of my personal systems uses a 580 and while it is a decent card, it uses quite a bit of pw.

arittdtdtdtdt

Your question is too vague. What is the intended use for the system ie render video, game, overclocking, what?
You list a very pw hungry video card. You are going to need a quality pw supply for that card. One of my personal systems uses a 580 and while it is a decent card, it uses quite a bit of pw.
I am mainly gonna be playing games and streaming. And I might overclock. And thankyou for the replies.

crjdriver

You might be able to get a decent board for $150 however do understand that you are going to have to spend close to that amount on a pw supply as well. Gaming and overclocking require a quality pw supply. In addition, parts are at a premium at the moment; this is especially true with motherboards and pw supplies. Here is what I came up with;
Motherboard: https://www.newegg.com/gigabyte-b550-aorus-pro-ac/p/N82E16813145216
Pw supply https://www.newegg.com/evga-supernova-750-ga-220-ga-0750-x1-750w/p/1HU-00J7-004V2
There is a 550W seasonic for $119 however that would be pretty marginal IF you intend on overclocking. If you run at stock speed [with a 580 video card] the 550W is just barely adequate.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online