1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Need help please!

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by Markus21, Dec 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Markus21

Markus21 Thread Starter

So basically I bought a new win8 PC from PC World only ONE day ago and already it's messed up. It constantly keeps crashing and saying "your pc ran into a problem and needs to restart". It's also quite slow considering I JUST got it, when I first turn on the PC it takes quite a bit of time starting up and when I try to click something I get a 'not responding' or it'll crash or the thing I've clicked will crash e.g. I tried to click something on my smartbar then suddenly 'smartbar has crashed' please help.

2. raybro

raybro

I'd say you got a bad one out of the box, it happens :mad:. Don't try to fix it, take it back and exchange it for another computer.

3. Markus21

Markus21 Thread Starter

Ah thank you I will do! :)

4. Markus21

Markus21 Thread Starter

Okay I've done this and I'm getting the same problems with the new one, surely if the computers are this bad loads of people would be taking them back? It's happening within' only a few hours of using them too. All I've downloaded is utorrent and google chrome, my 3 year old laptop is faster and a lot better than this pc what is wrong with it?! It's just done it again whilst I was just trying to go on one webpage on google chrome and nothing else, the pc is so so slow too with connection half of the time it says unidentified network so I have to restart and when I do you try to download even the smallest of things and it'll say something like '24 days to download' when my laptop is running fine? I really don't understand this is my second one in 3 days and I'm really confused to as what I'm doing to it to make it keep crashing? It's a Lenovo Win8

5. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    Did you have any of these problems before installing "smartbar" or utorrent?

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!