need help please?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

david needs

:( i had windows 95 on my computer i decided to up grade

so i reformatted my hard drive.

i have windows 98 boot disk and cd

i insert disk and then cd every thing starts to load ok

and then it stops and says i have still a operating system an can
no longer continue until i get rid of it . i dont have a clue what to do please help me....

Can you provide the full exact message?

I do know that if you have a Win98 UPgrade CD and you try to install that on a formatted drive, you will be asked to insert your PREVIOUS operating system CD to verify that you qualify for the upgrade. Could that be what you are seeing?

If you are using a Full install CD, then maybe it might be a good idea to Partition the drive before formatting as well.

http://home.socal.rr.com/chansen/fdisk.htm

I don't know what could be on there, but try fdisk/partitioning the system first, then format and reinstall. Fdisk should start you out completely fresh

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online