1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Need HELP PLEASE

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by thelegend43, Apr 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thelegend43

thelegend43 Thread Starter

Ok this what happened. We got a new Dell Dimension 8300 desktop a few days ago with Windows Xp Home already installed. I really did not like Windows Xp Home so i tried to Upgrade it and put Windows Xp Professional on it which i had burned myself and isntalled on this ocmputer i am on now and it worked fine. to be exact it was a Windows Professional XP SP1a and RU1 Intergrated. Well in the middle of the isntallation of windows xp professional on the dell desktop suddenly a blue error came up had some error bout a Bad_Pool_car or something. So i was like ok ill juz restart and so i did. The error popped up again during the middle of the installation of Windows Xp Professional. And i resetted again. Then it happened again so i tried puttin in the home cd and juz delete whut i had already installed of professional and juz use home. But apparently it wuldnt let me cause everytime i booted up my desktop it would say continuing installation. After i took the Home cd out then rebooted my computer with nothing in the cd rom drive it would say "setup is restarting...." then reset computer. Everytime it would say this i tried multiple times rebooting. I even tried puttin both XP Home and Xp PRofessional (that i burned) cd back in but it wouldnt even go and read the cd and it would just say "setup is restarting...." then reboot. I really need help with this cause my dad will be pretty pissed to find out that his new desktop isnt working. Help Please

2. Firah

Firah

3. thelegend43

thelegend43 Thread Starter

nvm i got it to work dude. but thanks tho :)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/218543

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice