1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Need help port forwarding

Discussion in 'Networking' started by mochaco10, Jan 4, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. mochaco10

mochaco10 Thread Starter

Hello, I have been having this incessant problem that I cannot port forward.

I have an Arris CM820a modem that is connected to a Nexxt Solutions arno1154u2 router which are both in my laundry room (Separated from the rest of my house), which then sends out wan cables throughout my entire house through the walls, such as my study, my room etc. I am trying to port forward some ports in the router in my room, which is a cisco Linkseys E900 router. I correctly do all the port forwards, trust me, I triple check every time. I have been digging for a solution, and found that I might be behind a double NAT, or a double firewall. If so, I would like to know how to solve this. I have read that I need to put both my modem and the router directly connected to the modem in bridge mode, but I do not know how to do that for the models that I have :(

Any suggestions would be appreciated! Thanks.

2. centauricw

centauricw

The Nexxt Nebula 150 (P/N arno1154u2) router is the first NAT layer in your setup. It would need to port forward to your Linksys router, which would then need to port forward to your computer.

3. mochaco10

mochaco10 Thread Starter

So do I just port forward the same ports onto both my Linksys and my Nexxt router, or do I have to do something additional?

4. centauricw

centauricw

Yup. Forward the port on Nexxt router to the Linksys router IP and then forward the same port on the Linksys router to your computer IP.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1140540

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice