1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Need Help. Printer WILL NOT Print a PDF???

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by rgnbull1227, Aug 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. rgnbull1227

rgnbull1227 Thread Starter

My Brother Printer is on my wireless network. I can print excel, Word, etc but when I go and try to print a PDF, the progress screen on my PC starts at 0% and stays ther for about 5 sec, them immediately hops to 100% and disappears. The Printer lights up as if it is going to print, then the Printer goes back to ready and nothing prints. Any ideas?

2. rgnbull1227

3. rgnbull1227

4. Hughv

Hughv

Clear the print Queue and try again.

5. rgnbull1227

Did that, Only issues is with PDF documents.

6. Hughv

Hughv

7. rgnbull1227

What do you mean by "Application"? I have a PDF Document open and click on Print. The Printer lights up for a second like it is going to print, then goes back to ready. Only with PDF Documents.

8. Koot

Koot

Can you print web based PDF documents? Can you print a PDF document that is on your desktop?

What Adobe Reader version are you using?
    What model Brother printer is it?

Have you changed/updated the printer drivers or the Adobe Reader version recently?

9. rgnbull1227

Cannot print any PDF Docs. Whether saved or on Web. Running Adobe Reader * and Brother MFC 640CW. Update Both recently.
    Can not figure out what the problem is.

10. Koot

Koot

Try something: Control Panel > Printers > Properties > Advanced Tab > Change to: "Print directly to printer"

See if you can print PDF docs after the change.

11. Hughv

Hughv

I mean, what application are you using to open the PDF?

12. Koot

Koot

It sounds like you have updated your printer driver and also upgraded your Adobe Reader at about the same time. I doubt your printer/print driver is the problem. I suspect you may have a conflict with the new Adobe Reader conflicting with a previous Adobe Reader version.

I would first try doing this from Adobe: http://get.adobe.com/reader/otherversions/

If the above doesn't work I would remove the latest version of Adobe Reader from your system (using Add/Remove). Oftentimes an older Adobe Reader version is still in your system, which was last used before the upgrade...and still may work allowing you to print PDF docs. If an older version is not in your system I would download Adobe Reader as a fresh install without an older version to cause a conflict in your system. If that doesn't work - remove all Adobe Reader versions and download an older version of Adobe Reader...

13. rgnbull1227

It worked!. When I selected "Print Directly to Printer" the document printed. What was the issue? Why did this change or what is causing the file not to print when this is not selected?

14. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/854284