need help quick! about processor

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

shadow689

hey guys,

i switched cases a few days ago, and when i got my computer back it said my processor was 1.2 ghz. Well i have a 2600+ so what is the deal? any help would be nice :D

you obviosly have an AMD. the 2600 means that a 1.2 ghz amd is equal to in processing power to an intel p4 2.6 ghz

1.2 ghz amd= 2.6 ghz pentium 4

does that help you?

You switched cases? Like you took all the hardware out of your old case and inserted it all into a new case without changing or replacing parts? Why? Anyway, If that is the case then it shouldnt do a damn thing. If you sent it someplace to have it done they might have cleard your CMOS or BIOS. Go into bios and make sure the front side bus is set to the same speed as your processor demands.

shadow689

ok first off it's a 2 ghz one, equal to a intel 2600+ kk :D secondly i cant get into my bios, every time i try it just passes the screen D: i hear it beep but it wont go. Thirdly it wasn't some place i took it to a friend of the families who fixes computers for us and our buisness. I switched cases b/c mine was really small and didn't have enough room for 2 hd. I have a new one and i couldn't put my old one back in. So i got my cousins case for free which is 100x better. I know something is wrong too b/c i cant play hl2 or any graphic demanding game. Plus im getting like 20-30 fps in areas of 3 or more people in CS. I have a 9800 pro so that shouldn't be a problem.

shadow689 said:
ok first off it's a 2 ghz one, equal to a intel 2600+ kk :D secondly i cant get into my bios, every time i try it just passes the screen D: i hear it beep but it wont go. Thirdly it wasn't some place i took it to a friend of the families who fixes computers for us and our buisness. I switched cases b/c mine was really small and didn't have enough room for 2 hd. I have a new one and i couldn't put my old one back in. So i got my cousins case for free which is 100x better. I know something is wrong too b/c i cant play hl2 or any graphic demanding game. Plus im getting like 20-30 fps in areas of 3 or more people in CS. I have a 9800 pro so that shouldn't be a problem.
I recommend you send it back to this friend of the family to fix, if you cant get into the bios you will not be able to get your cpu speed back, sounds like they screwed up your card also

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online