Need help reactivating my internet card in my laptop

Dromian

I want to start out with a disclaimer. I have very little knowledge about basic computering.

My school decided to update their routers resulting in my internet card only working sometimes. The tech support on my school decided to deactivate my internet card and gave me a Netgear USB thing which connects me to the internet instead.

But my USB ports have started acting up, and I can't update my windows or anything without internet.

How do I reconnect my old internet card, so I can fix my USB ports

(it is possible that there is a fault with the Netgear as I have never experienced this before. Usually my wireless mouse works in the USB ports, but if I move the Netgear and mouse around, neither of them work even if I change them back. It's like the netgear kills the USB port)

Couriant

James
You will need to ask your school to reactivate the card or it will not work.

What is the model number of the Netgear device?

Dromian

You will need to ask your school to reactivate the card or it will not work.

What is the model number of the Netgear device?
They went into some place on my laptop that should be accessible I think, I'm not sure if it's a program they have or if it's within my laptop already

And yes I do plan on going to them again, as having a faulty Netgear isn't gonna work. Also I have no idea how to check the model number

Couriant

James
Typically there is a label with the model number on the Netgear.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online