1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Need Help Recovering Deleted Programs

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by SatelliteM55, Jan 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SatelliteM55

SatelliteM55 Thread Starter

For a few days my laptop was running slow. On December 27th around 2pm, I performed Disk Cleanup and deleted MSN. A few minutes later, I noticed Word Pad is gone, :eek: IE icon is gone (it will come up indirectly if a program requires it, so it's NOT completely gone), all of my Window games are gone, Sound Recorder, Calculator and Windows Media Player (icon is gone, but it will come up when I go to my Music file and click on a song). These are the ones I noticed.

How Can I Fix This? I performed System Restore (that did NO good), Disk Check, Sfc/scannow, I checked out Event Viewer to see if I could fine where it went wrong. I also tried a program called 'FreeUndelete', but I wasn't sure which files to look for. I haven't had any luck yet! I thought about reinstalling Windows, but if I don't have to that would be great! :confused: Please help!

2. tompatrick

tompatrick Banned

It can be the issue that you have deleted the short cuts to the application as you are saying that the icons come up once you click the song that means the the application is there in the system just the shotcuts or the icons are missing, if you think that the applications have deleted the only solution which comes to my mind is to go for a data recovery software,

you need to firstly scan the hard disk with the data recovery software no need to look out for the file those have been deleted the software will automatically tell you about the files recently deleted.stellar data recovery will provide you will the preview of the files you have deleted if and those can be recovered if you find the files or applications deleted recover them from the software else you need to reinstall
    then you are left with no other option.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/972693

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice