1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Need help recovering files

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by Aaronwontparicipate, Sep 26, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Aaronwontparicipate

Aaronwontparicipate Thread Starter

So, I was using a program called IQMango to convert a DVD to an avi file, and it somehow deleted my entire desktop. I've checked the recycle bin and none of the files are there. I've used a program called Recuva to recover some of the lost files, but now none of the videos have any sound. Do you know of any way I can recover all of my files, or will they just be lost forever?

2. texasbullet

texasbullet

First Name:
    Ramon
    Have you tried right clicking on your main desktop, click on view and see if "show desktop icons" is checked.

3. Aaronwontparicipate

Aaronwontparicipate Thread Starter

Yes, and all my stuff is still gone. The only thing on my desktop is the recycle bin.

4. texasbullet

texasbullet

First Name:
    Ramon
    Have you tried restoring your computer to an earlier time.

5. texasbullet

texasbullet

First Name:
    Ramon
    You also have the option to find your programs in your computer.
    click on start, all programs, look for the program(s) you need, right click on it and select "send to" and click "desktop".

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1217076

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice