Need Help Reformatting and Reinstalling Win 7

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Haza1889

Exactly what the title says, I was directed here by someone in the 'virus and other malware removal' section. As I have a virus on my computer that's very hard to clean so I've decided to repave my system, although I'm not 100% certain of how to do that. So any help that you guys could provide would be very much appreciated.

Also here is the TSG SysInfo if needed:

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770K CPU @ 3.50GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 58 Stepping 9
Processor Count: 8
RAM: 16279 Mb
Graphics Card: AMD Radeon HD 7700 Series, 1024 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 114470 MB, Free - 54623 MB; E: Total - 1907726 MB, Free - 1809091 MB;
Motherboard: ASRock, Z77 Pro3
Antivirus: AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition 2012, Updated and Enabled

Haza1889

Ok, that tells me how to install it but how do I wipe the computer first so that I can then do that?

during the install u will come to this page.......... then delete the partition the follow the prompts

Attachments

Haza1889

Just making sure it will wipe/reformat both of my hard drives, right? Not just the one that had Windows 7 on it?

only have the harddrive u want windows installed on connected to the motherboard............ disconnect the other........ u can wipe that one later

Haza1889

Would it be possible to either do that now or leave it plugged in? As that would make it a lot easier.

Would it be possible to either do that now or leave it plugged in? As that would make it a lot easier.
What is on that other drive? If it is important data, leave it alone. It is not necessary to unplug the drive. During the install just point to the drive holding the Windows OS and do a clean installation.

Haza1889

I seem to have a problem, while reinstalling Windows 7 my screen has gone black. Now I know it can flash black a few times but this has been black for about 45 minutes. I was up to installing it and I went off to do something else, came back and it was black and still is. By the way the computer is still on, I could hold down the power button to turn it off but I don't want to screw anything up. If somebody could help thatg would great.

sometimes when u leave multiple drives attached in windows......... drive letters get screwy!!!
so did u leave the 2 drives attached????
maybe u should try again and this time stay with it to see at what point the screen goes black

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts