1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Need help regarding recovering files...

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by djruben, Feb 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. djruben

djruben Thread Starter

Hi there Guys,
    Im having a big problem with my computer.Am havin two 80GiG HDDs.
    I recently formatted my HDD so as to install a new Win xp onto my computer.But i accidently deleted my other HDD too..i didnt format the other HDD just deleted the partition only.How can i recover all my mp3,txt and all my other files without having to loose any data? Is there any freeware software or any way i can recover my data?

Please Advise and thanks guys..need to get my data as i have some assignments to hand in school..

2. ozrom1e

ozrom1e

3. Elvandil

Elvandil

4. djruben

djruben Thread Starter

i have recovered my documents but i cant seem to open them....
    they seem like they are coded like zeros and 1's...all my file sizes are correct but i cant open any of them...and all my text files contain boxes...wonder y?wat can be done from here?

5. Elvandil

Elvandil

Possibly you chose an incorrect start point for the partitions, so if that was an option, run the recovery again and choose different options.

6. djruben

djruben Thread Starter

any softwares to recomment?

7. Elvandil

Elvandil

GetDataBack, not free. You'll get some choices of possible start points for the lost partitions. Recover a couple files and try to open them. If they are corrupted, go back and choose the next point. If NTFS, try the recovery first using the MFT and if unsuccessful, try without referencing the MFT.

8. djruben

djruben Thread Starter

Possibly you chose an incorrect start point for the partitions, so if that was an option, run the recovery again and choose different options...
    i dont get you..what do u mean by "start point"?

can u guide me step by step please...
    im using getdataback

9. Elvandil

Elvandil

Try GetDataBack with the default options first and see if any of your files work: "I don't know. Use default settings" check box.

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!