Need help reinstaling windows 10

mike433443

So 2 days ago i went to factory restore my pc but it crashed at 3% so now nothing works I have no windows now and when i try to install an iso file from usb it says there are no drivers so I cant install it what should I do my labtop is a asus vivo book x540MA 15.8 hd screen

Couriant

James
On a working machine, please use this link to Download Windows 10 Media Creation Tool. You will need a minimum of 8GB USB drive, one that is doesn't have data you need as the creation tool will wipe the USB drive.

Run the tool to create your windows 10 installation.

Also you may need to sure that you are not set to RAID storage type and using AHCI. I have had a few of my USB drives get wiped because I didn't have the RAID driver for the hard drive and the installation only saw my USB...

Macboatmaster

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
and when i try to install an iso file from usb it says there are no drivers so I cant install it
I am not sure if you do actually mean you tried to install with an ISO file you had copied to a usb pen, but if so that will not work

You have to use a third party app to make the usb bootable
It will not be bootable if you simply copy an iso to it

So as my colleague has now posted you go to that link on another computer and follow the procedure to make a usb pen
Follow these steps to create installation media (USB flash drive or DVD) you can use to install a new copy of Windows 10, perform a clean installation, or reinstall Windows 10.

HOWEVER are you sure the message is DRIVERS and NOT DRIVES
asus vivo book x540MA
[Notebook] Troubleshooting - How to fix the problem that cannot find drives when installing Windows 11/10 | Official Support | ASUS Global

mike433443

I am not sure if you do actually mean you tried to install with an ISO file you had copied to a usb pen, but if so that will not work

You have to use a third party app to make the usb bootable
It will not be bootable if you simply copy an iso to it

So as my colleague has now posted you go to that link on another computer and follow the procedure to make a usb pen
Follow these steps to create installation media (USB flash drive or DVD) you can use to install a new copy of Windows 10, perform a clean installation, or reinstall Windows 10.

HOWEVER are you sure the message is DRIVERS and NOT DRIVES
asus vivo book x540MA
[Notebook] Troubleshooting - How to fix the problem that cannot find drives when installing Windows 11/10 | Official Support | ASUS Global
Sorry what i meant to say was that i made a boot able usb using rufus to burn the ios file to the usb to make it boot on my laptop but when the installation starts it can't find a drive to install it to i have searched online for the right drive but had no luck
Also a very important detail is
WHY
what made this necessary
My laptop was freezing becoming really slow and missing codecs so i went to factory reset to when i first bought it

Macboatmaster

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
starts it can't find a drive to install it to i have searched online for the right drive but had no luck
So as I asked it is DRIVE
and not DRIVERS
it says there are no drivers
Please see last paragraph of my post 3 open that link and confirm please that this is how you see the message
We could not find any drives

OR
if it is not please tell us exactly what the message says and at which stage of the install procedure you see this message and what else is on the window with that message

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts