1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Need help removing router

Discussion in 'Networking' started by Trekker07, Jul 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Trekker07

Trekker07 Thread Starter

I have been using a D-Link DI-624 for a while now but i would now like to remove it.

However, when i disconnect it and connect the pc direct to my cable modem the connection say 'Limited or no connectivity'.

I'm not sure why it is doing this so i am hoping someone here will be able to help.

2. mf-tech

mf-tech

Depending on your ISP the router's MAC address may be associated with your service connection. Your computer network card has a different MAC address. Some ISPs track the MAC/service connection. Have you tried turning off the cable modem and your computer for 30 minutes or more, sometimes this is long enough to clear the entry in the ISP log. BTW...who is your ISP?

3. Trekker07

Trekker07 Thread Starter

Hi, sorry for not replying sooner. I disconnected everything and left it for over an hour. When i connected it back up it no longer said Limited or No Connection but I still could not connect.

My ISP is Virgin Media, formally NTL.

4. Daredeval756

Daredeval756

Check to make you network settings are enabled to "Detirmine Settings Automattically"

5. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

After turning off power to the modem for 30 seconds or more, turn it on, reboot the comptuer, and then post this.

Start, Run, CMD to open a command prompt:

Type the following command:

IPCONFIG /ALL

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.
    Paste the results in a message here.

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB disk, or a CD-RW disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.

6. Trekker07

Trekker07 Thread Starter

Hi again

Thanks for all the help that has been given. However, for some reason, when i removed the router the other day it all started working. I have no idea what happened but I'm just glad it's working now.

Again, thanks for all the help and sorry for not responding sooner.:)

7. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

Magic. ;)

You can mark your own threads solved using the thread tools at the top of the page in the upper right corner.© :)

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/592482

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice