1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Need Help Removing Trojan.Agent, among other viruses

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by erikr10, Oct 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. erikr10

erikr10 Thread Starter

Hi Guys,

I have spent about a week now trying to get some virus and malware off of my Toshiba Satellite 5205-S703 laptop. Im using Windows XP.

For a minute I thought I had everything resolved but I guess not.

At first I had the Antivirus XP 2008 virus... I think I had successfully removed that but I still have other issues.

A. When I boot up my machine, I can only either boot up in directly to XP OR I can boot with with the Directory Services Restore Mode (Windows Domain Controller Only) option. Nothing in Safe Mode works... It says my Video Driver failed to Initialize.

B. Once Im logged into my profile, I run MBAM and it says that I have Trojan.Agent... So I run the option to remove, and when it reboots and I run MBAM again, same infections are found. Keeps doing it over and over. (I have repeated this process in both modes that I can log in).

C. I have also run MBAM booting XP in its Normal Mode and I ran MBAM again as well.... Same thing occurs. The virus shows up but when I remove it and then reboot, it returns.

I have installed AVG, Adaware, MBAM, SpyBot S&D, MS Windows Malicious Removal Tool, SuperAnti Spyware... With all of these, I had to download the installation file on another PC and bring it over to the infected PC and install. Then, every time I would attempt to update the definitions, It would fail to connect to the server. After some troubleshooting, I was able to update definitions for MBAM, SpyBot, Adaware, and SuperAnti Spyware, but AVG will still not let me update the newest definitions.

I also ran online scan with Trend Micro House Call. That found alot of Vulnerabilities and some spyware, viruses, and what not. But still after I ran that and then MBAM again, the trojan still reappeared.

Any info or help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

2. erikr10

erikr10 Thread Starter

Forgot to add something... When I do have the rare ability to run AVG... It always says avgwdsvc.exe has generated errors and will be closed by Windows. You will need to restart the program. After I click OK, it continues to scan. I think it must be a virus or trojan screwing it up so that it looks like it scans.

3. erikr10

erikr10 Thread Starter

Another update... So after I ran AVG and got the error, "avgwdsvc.exe has generated errors and will be closed by Windows. You will need to restart the program", I clicked OK and let it scan where it found some tracking cookies. Anyway, after that I tried to go to F-Secure to run online scan and it started redirecting me to go.google.com and then shot me to ww1.glimpse.com. So I closed the window and tried to go to Trend Micro House Call and it did the same thing. Redirected me to go.google.com, then to another link, then it automatically closed my FireFox browser and asked me if I wanted to install Antivirus XP. I closed out and shut down immediately.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/759160

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice