Need help removing W32/Netsky.b.eml!zip

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Tempokeeper

When I open my email it keeps telling me that Mcafee has remved this virus. How do I completely remove it?

Thanks, David

Hi Tempokeeper,

Each time a virus is caught by McAfee in a e-mail (the attachment infected file is deleted by default if I remember), the content of the message is upgraded with a warning of McAfee which tells you the message has been infected by whatever virus and what action has been token.
Have a look to the sender of the infected message : maybe the computer of one of your friends is infected and your friend doesn't know it.

If I remember, the message is "stamped" by McAfee but I am not sure. I have McAfee on my office computer but I get my e-mails from a Imap server which is itself virus protected with McAfee. So, when an infected message is sent to me, it arrives completely clean in my mail box with a label on it.
So, maybe you must check the policy configured in McAfee and see what it does exactly with the message when this one contains an infected attachment.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online