Need help restoring to factory settings!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Jaketehsnake

Recently I used subinacl to help me enable jscript. I used it to give me admin on all my registry files. I rebooted and clicked My Computer, but then it said i didn't have enough memory. So I read up on some things and it said I should do something to the permissions on Regedit. Well, now I could care less because every single file on my computer doesn't work, the links are broken, I can't access explorer...

I want to restore to factory settings and forget about whatever I was doing before.

So I have a Dell Inspiron, 1500 something... I don't have a boot CD, and i can't access system restore or control panel. I started it up (and i read that you had to hold Ctrl-f11) so i did, nothing happened and it continued to load windows in the same way. Then somewhere I read you had to press alt-f10. I did and it came up with a sort of prompt. it said...
"
Edit Windows boot options for: Windows 7 Home Premium

Path: \Windows\system32\winload.exe

Partition:3
Hard Disk: 75349890

[ ]
I could type in between the brackets and press enter to load windows. I've goofed around with it and I don't even know if i'm at the right menu. I'm considering taking the computer to a repair place, but it's expensive. :confused:

Help. I might not respond since I need to have a CT scan done in about an hour. Please help.

TerryNet

Terry
I bet Dell "hides" that information of how to boot to the Recovery partition in one of their manuals--paper with the computer and/or on their web site.

TerryNet

Terry
That would not only be illegal but also violates our policy of restricting help to here on the public forum.

Dell uses F10, F11 or F12 to boot to recovery mode - no alt or ctrl key needed.
this will delete everything on your drive except the recovery partition and recreate drive partition C: (better known as CLEAN install) so get your data off if you can.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online