1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Need help setting my Wireless-G WAP54G as a repeater?

Discussion in 'Networking' started by senna, Feb 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. senna

senna Thread Starter

I am trying to setup my wireless-G Access Point to act as a repeater. I am try to use it to extend the signal from a linksys router. I have accessed my Wireless-G using the CD that came with it. I am on my wireless laptop. I had the Wireless-G Access Point connected to my laptop via a network cable. I changed my network setting so to 192.168.1.5 with a subnet of 255.255.255.0 so I could configure it. I made sure the SSID and Channel were the same as the Linksys router. I went to my browser and typed 192.168.1.245 to access my access point so I could select "Act as a Repeater". I typed in the MAC Address of the Router. It saved my changes. When I go to my toolbar and select to access my network connections, I can see my Access Point and I can see the router but I cannot connect to my access point.

I hope I gave a full explanation that you can understand.

Any ideas what I am doing wrong???

Senna

2. senna

senna Thread Starter

Any ideas???

3. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

I don't use the device, so I don't have any ideas. I'd be reading the document a bit closer, or contacting company's tech support.

4. senna

senna Thread Starter

I did read the online maunal and it didn't say much about using it as a repeater. What it did say I, I did. I have had to call there tech support on two different occasions and it they were both such bad experiences I won't call back. I couldn't understand them. That's the bad thing about companies having tech support across the ocean.

Any other ideas??

5. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

Not at this time, since I have zero experience with it. :confused:

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/332093

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice