1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

need help setting up a dial-up VPN

Discussion in 'Networking' started by throdne, Jul 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. throdne

throdne Thread Starter

hello all you tech guys,

Well, right know i have a VPN server up and running and my friends can connect(on windows server 2003). but i have one more thing i want to do. my mother lives out in the country and she cant get DSL or CABLE. but, she has AOL but she hates it(with a pastion). she does want to get sat. internet but she wants to wait till there is a package that comes together (tv and internet). so, i said to her, that i will try to get my server to run a dial up vpn so you can connect and have internet with out paying 25 bucks for AOL. but, there is one problem, i don't know how to set one up! what in willing to do is anything. do i have to have a seacond line for this? and i would like to have a step by step guild. if there is a site that has one. i would REALLY love to do this for my mother. if you can, can you post the site url if it has anything to do with what i want to do.

thanks you all for helping me.:D
    throdne

2. Memnoch322

Memnoch322

3. throdne

throdne Thread Starter

thanks you but don't i need a number for the person to call so they can dial in? or is it something like a VOIP?

4. Memnoch322

Memnoch322

YOu would need a modem attached to the server with a line that they can dial in on. You could use a voip line, but I am still pretty sure that you would need a modem on the server.

5. throdne

throdne Thread Starter

hello,
    i do have a modem attached to the server.(y) and just for now ill use my one line and see if it will work. but, the only thing i need is, how to set up the server, so i can have a VPN dial up. :confused: i need help on the software part. like installing the dial up VPN. and config.:rolleyes: if you guys know of a step by step guide that will help me that would be great. (y) :)

thanks
    Throdne:cool:

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/485964

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice