Need help setting up a network for file sharing and internet use...

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

nordberg

Hey....great forum!! much better than the others ive used in the past...
Ok im not a complete idiot when it comes to pc's...but networking i am..
First off...I am running 3 PC's all XP pro....Xbox live and PS2 online off of my router(not the greatest speeds, but does the trick) Ive got 4mps down and like 1-2 up....everything works for jus surfing the net, down/uploading....
the problem is...setting everything up for sharing files between the computers...
I watch movies off my pc hooked up to my tv through s-video...and i want to be able to access my main downloading pc from the others...to get music, movies whatever....i dont care if its streaming or jus cut and paste....kind of prefer cut and paste...but if theres a wicked streaming program will use that....whatever is easiest basically....oh ya im using a linksys wrt45gs(i have it all wired right now)
hope you guys can help....thanks!

nordberg

problem solved!! just using windows media center instead.....love it works great!!! just doesnt play from cdr's oh well cant get everything you want.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online