1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Need Help! this is a tricky one

Discussion in 'Networking' started by HeyPerson, Dec 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. HeyPerson

HeyPerson Thread Starter

ok so a couple days ago my wireless on my laptop stopped connecting to my router. but then it could connect for about 10-50mins and then it would go out. now it wont connect at all unless i plug an ethernet cable in. my router is in my room and my xbox and iphone connect perfectly to the router. And i think i have literally done everything to troubleshoot it. and even the windows troubleshooter cant find the problem.

List of trouble shoots:

tried to update/uninstall drivers
    restart computer
    switch router and modem to factory settings
    reinstalled os

2. srhoades

srhoades

Can it see wireless networks that are available to connect to? Does your laptop have a switch on the side that turns the wireless on and off?

3. HeyPerson

HeyPerson Thread Starter

yes there is a button and it works fine. and yes it can see networks. it shows mine as excellent connection but then i will click on it and it says connecting and then after about 10 seconds it just stops and doesnt connect to it. then i have to retry it.

4. Sammy2111

Sammy2111

Are your drivers fully Up to date?

5. HeyPerson

HeyPerson Thread Starter

yes my drivers are fully up to date. and ive also detected something rather odd. before this happened i was at a friends house with my xbox. the problem started when i came back and set my xbox back up and i just now found out that i can connect to my computer to the router wirelessly if my xbox isnt connected to my router with an ethernet cable,,weird o_O

6. srhoades

srhoades

Delete the wireless profile and reconnect to the network.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1083081

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice