1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Need help to completely romove this worm

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by bluesea, Feb 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bluesea

bluesea Thread Starter

Have a virus on my xp system I can't completely remove, I get the pop up with my virus protection, It allowed me to copy to quarentine but will not move it to quarentine or delete it and everytime the computer is on it will do this. the virus is Net-Worm.Win32.Small.c It is in the file system.exe Directory: C:/windows/system32. I hope I can get rid of this worm so I don't get interupted with the pop up of the virus when using my computer.

2. Byteman

Byteman Gone but Never Forgotten

Hi, Would like to have you post a log from HijackThis, a program (very tiny) that we use to see what problems exist.

There are directions here to do it: There are .zip form and .exe form, take your pick.

Download it here:

http://radiosplace.com/

Or here.

It's a direct download so be ready with the folder for it.

Basically, you create a new folder, the desktop is OK provided you make a folder, name it something like HJT, and download TO that folder, run hijackthis.exe from there. If there are users of the computer who might start HJT and use it, hide the program in a folder elsewhere!

First open a reply here in your thread to have it ready.
    Run Hijackthis.exe, and
    Select the "Scan and save a log" button...

When it is done scanning> the Save box will become available, save the log as hijackthis.txt which will open with Notepad. Hit the EDIT> Select All then the EDIT>Copy button at the top of your log, Go back to TSG, and click once in the blank reply space, then go to the top of your browser window and select EDIT>Paste.
    Please do NOT use HJT yourself to remove anything, most of what it shows is good and needed by the system.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/331308

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice