1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Need help to create batch file

Discussion in 'DOS/Other' started by vishwa, May 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vishwa

vishwa Thread Starter

Hi All,

please help me out in creating a batch file to generate a output.txt file which will contain input from 3 different .txt files ( say A.txt , B.txt, C.txt ).
    A.txt will contain a list of file numbers with .drw extension.
    example for A.txt:
    84313746.drw
    84313749.drw
    84313750.drw
    84313751.drw

B.txt and C.txt will contain fixed data.

in brief my output file should be : B.txt + A.txt(only first data line from A.txt) + B.txt +A.txt(only second data line from A.txt) + B.txt +A.txt(only third data line from A.txt) +......... + C.txt

i am new to batch coding , actually i am from CAD design . i need this bach file to print bunch of drawings through Pro-Engineer design tool.

Thanks in advance

2. vishwa

vishwa Thread Starter

is above problem solvable? please help me out

3. Squashman

Squashman Trusted Advisor

The majority of people who post on this site most likely live in the U.S. You posted in the middle of the night. No need to bump your post again when it is still at the top of the category.

What is in B.txt and C.txt?

You are not being very clear on what you need done because your sentence structure is running together.

It might help if you could give us a better example of what is in each text file and then show us an example of the output you need. Shows us three lines from each file and show us what the output should be using those 3 lines from each file.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/921171

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice