1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Need help to following error: WHEA_UNCORRECABLE_ERROR

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by JeppeD, Feb 14, 2018 at 2:48 AM.

Advertisement
  1. JeppeD

JeppeD Thread Starter

Hi,

I recently started to get following error: WHEA_UNCORRECABLE_ERROR.
    My computer freezes and shortly after, it reboots. It happens in Windows and when playing games after 1-2 hours.
    I have used Speccy to see my temperatures, and I dont see any alarming.
    I have studied the net, but tons of different solutions.
    Could it be a simple bios update/reset or just some new cooling paste to my cpu?

specs:
    Windows 10
    i7 4770K CPU
    16gb RAM
    Geforce 970 4GB (Newest driver) GPU
    Maximus VI motherboard
    860 WATT PSU

Last edited: Feb 14, 2018 at 3:51 AM
  2. Sponsor

3. plankton23

plankton23

This is generally associated with hardware, typically drivers. Make sure you OS version is updated and then make sure you have all the latest mobo drivers installed then for any after market add ons, like your GTX 970.

4. JeppeD

JeppeD Thread Starter

Hi Plankton,

Thanks for your reply.

I have updated my GPU to newest driver(version: 390.77) - but I do not have the right knowledge to update my motherboard and BIOS(Asus maximus VI motherboard.).

I forgot to mention, that I recently formatted my computer - so hopefully everything should bu up to date.

5. plankton23

plankton23

Ahh....once your format your HDD and clean install your OS, you need install all your mobo drivers. Otherwise you are just using the OS generic drivers that may or may not work and can cause issues like you're experiencing.

That said, we need the exact make/model of your mobo and we can walk you through the how to's of getting your drivers installed.

6. JeppeD

JeppeD Thread Starter

Mobo, I'm gussing motherboard? Is it possible to see the model name/version by using Speccy, or do I need to open my computer and see if I can find a model no. on the motherboard?

And thank you very much for your time and patience - I'm very green :)

7. JeppeD

JeppeD Thread Starter

Speccy tells me following: ASUSTek Computer INC. Maximus VI Hero (Socket 1150)

8. plankton23

plankton23

9. JeppeD

JeppeD Thread Starter

Thanks, much appreciated! :)

I'll just drop the new BIOS on a USB and try the flash alternative. Can't find the EZ Update download :)

10. 123Zbyniek

123Zbyniek

What exactly model of motherboard?
    upload_2018-2-14_16-39-30.png

11. plankton23

plankton23

From post #6 he says it's the Maximus V1 Hero which is what I linked to.

12. 123Zbyniek

123Zbyniek

https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1015050
    Why is there no Windows 10 driver for some motherboards provided on ASUS official site?
    Last Update : 2017/10/05 19:37
    Send to Email Open on your smart phone Copy Link
    Why is there no Windows 10 driver for some motherboards provided on ASUS official site?
    What to do if there is no driver for Windows 10 on ASUS official site?
    Please refer to this link: www.asus.com/microsite/mb/Windows_10/ to check the list of ASUS motherboard which supports Windows 10.
    If the model name of your motherboard is not included in the list , or Windows 10 driver for your motherboard is not provided on ASUS support site,
    it means your motherboard might not be able to support Windows 10.
    You can also try to use the Windows Update to install the driver provided by Microsoft official site. Please check the link: www.asus.com/support/faq/1013327 for further instruction.

** Attention: If there is error when you execute/install Windows Update or system error occurred after installation, please stop using Windows 10 and contact ASUS Service Center

13. JeppeD

JeppeD Thread Starter

My motherboard supports Windows or I could download a new bios driver for win 10 64 :)

14. plankton23

plankton23

What does this have to do with his issue? His mobo obviously supports windows 10 and has drivers and a BIOS for it.

15. JeppeD

JeppeD Thread Starter

Thanks for your help, Plankton23, much appreciated! - The computer has been running for 3 hours straight, without any reboot :)

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1204921