1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Need Help, Two Computers Won't Connect On Network

Discussion in 'Networking' started by natehunts, May 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. natehunts

natehunts Thread Starter

So I'll try to describe my problem as best as I can. I just installed a new computer on my network and it joined the network great and I can access all computers on the network and vice versa except for one. When I view the workgroup computers and click on this particular computer(I'll call it Comp 2), it asks for a username and password.

So I go over to comp 2 and try to access the new computer and it asks for the same username and password. However, from Comp 2 I can access the other computers on the network just fine and vice versa. For some reason that is beyond my understanding of networking, these two computers require this username and password for access.

So in summary, these two computers can access every computer on the network and vice versa, except each other. Any ideas are greatly appreciated.

Both of these Computers are Windows 7 Professional and password protection is turned off on all computers

Thanks,
    Nate

2. natehunts

natehunts Thread Starter

Anyone with ideas????
    Thanks,
    Nate

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1098820

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice