Need Help Urgently.. Its my GPU

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Godzilla7802

The other day I got a used from Ebay GPU MSI Radeon 270x 4gb twinFozr IV. And every time I start up a game as soon as any substantial load gets put on it, it crashes. (I cant even get past the game menu) I have tried every thing I can think of please help.
SPECS
CPU: AMD Phantom 6x ii 1100 BE (overclocked to 3.7Ghz)
GPU: MSI Radeon R9 270x 4GB
RAM: 8GB
POWER SUPPLY: 600w cooler master
MotherBoard: Gigabyte 880GMA-USB3

Side note I was using an GTX 760 2gb no problem before.

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
The GeForce GTX 760 is actually a better performer than the Radeon R9 270X. ;)

---------------------------------------------------------------

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
I'm not a hardware expert nor a gamer nor an overclocker, so I'll leave you with someone else who is.

When you buy a used computer part on eBay, you take the risk of it being D.O.A. or not working properly.

---------------------------------------------------------------

This is exactly why I don't buy of Ebay....you just don't know if the part is any good or not. Meaning bad or going bad.

Depending on what hardware OP has and what games and what settings and what resolution.....they are about tit for tat. One may be a slight bit better in one area where the other is better in another.

http://gpuboss.com/gpus/Radeon-R9-270-vs-GeForce-GTX-760

http://gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Nvidia-GTX-760-vs-AMD-R9-270X/2159vs2188

The first thing I would do: turn off the CPU OC and run it at stock. Make sure you have the latest AMD driver/software installed. Reboot and check out how it performs.

Godzilla7802

Just tried that had the same result. Game plays maybe 3 seconds then crash to black screen.

Crash to black screen is generally associated with a failing GPU or overheating GPU. Do you have in temp monitoring software installed....if so open it up and check what the temps are when you try to run a game.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online