1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Need Help W/ these Speakers!

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself (Not Computer-Related)' started by TrueDream, Mar 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. TrueDream

TrueDream Thread Starter

These speakers are from a home surround sound system. This dvd player was from about 03 and it was a five CD changer. The wires from the speakers were connected into ports in the back of the DVD player. Now years later I have these speakers and Sub, I want to use them for something but i dont even know where to start. The small speakers are 8 ohms and the sub is 6 ohms. I was hoping to use them for audio or something. There are two red and black wire, and one white and black wire. What should i start doing to get these to work?
    [​IMG][/IMG]
    [​IMG][/IMG]

Thanks guys!

2. koldbloodkev

koldbloodkev

Typically the two surround speakers my be hooked to almost any stereo blk to blk & red to red, each spkr on either L or R. The sub woofer has to be connected to an output that has 6 Ohms impedance. Older stereos do not have this out put, some newer book shelf systems do and all surround systems do but some require a powered sub (the one in your pic appears to not to be powered. If you are unsure DO NOT hook it up (this comes from the personal experience of 'letting all the smoke out of' my first surround system)! I hope this helps and I will check back later to see.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1043883