1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Need help Win 98se install

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by angeldadd, Apr 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. angeldadd

angeldadd Thread Starter

Hi
    New to this forum but I decided to join since many reads on this site have given me tips and answers to almost all my previous problems. :)

I am semi novice computer literate and I am helping a friend install windows 98se on his Dell Optiplex 266Mhz (yah i know its a dinasour) but I only have an old copy of my WIn 98se disk the orig my dog ate (seriously) :D Anyways I have copied the entire disk to my new hard drive & i did format & fdisk properly but when I do e:setup i get a message that "windows setup requires 'largest executible program size to be at least 442368 bytes to run.

Am I doing something wrong :eek: I used the same disk on my last computer 4 years ago. Had no problems that I can remember!

I have windows XP on my own computer could I load windows XP to the Dell and then revert back to windows 98se cause XP needs faster processer.

Any sugestions

Getting ready to run computer over with my truck!! :mad:

2. A Hawk

A Hawk

Somethings gone wrong when you've fdisked or formatted re do the process. Remember to delete all partitions and then create a logical dos partition with fdisk. :)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/218332

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice