1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Need Help with Access Database/MACRO

Discussion in 'Software Development' started by Gemuine, Aug 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Gemuine

Gemuine Thread Starter

Hello:
    I have this database that I need to complete. I have completed the basics but can not seem to figure ot how to do the rest of it. Can someone help me.

Here is what I am trying to do:
    1. Final section greyed out when no is selected for response
    2. Change current stage field when key fields are populated
    For example:
    - When exit meeting is entered, the current stage should automatically change to tracking.
    - When response needed is not checked, current stage should be completed.
    - When response needed is checked, current stage should be in acknowledgement.
    3. Have the BOG and Internal Due Dates Met fields automatically calculated in the background

In addition: I also need a switchboard created but I think I can figure it out. I do have reports I need though.
    1. Open Report
    2. Tracking Report
    3. Completed Report
    4. Acknowledgement Report

I have attached the file. Thank so much

Attached Files:

• RTS.zip
      File size:
      121.7 KB
      Views:
  2. slurpee55

slurpee55

I take it you are writing with regard to the form for data entry primarily?

3. Gemuine

Gemuine Thread Starter

yes I am . Thanks

4. jimr381

jimr381

First Name:
    Jim
    Welcome to the forum.

If you email me the file I will take a look at it. Please email me the file at duluvian at verizon dot net. We can whip up a few macros that will do a setvalue to have it automatically set the value of those fields when you leave the fields that have a condition based upon it. Please reply to this message afterwards so I can go check that e-mail as well.

5. slurpee55

slurpee55

Jim, I sent you the file.

6. Gemuine

Gemuine Thread Starter

Thanks so much Jim and slurpee55!!! I really appreciate it. I've also sent thhe file via email to Jim.:)

7. jimr381

jimr381

First Name:
    Jim
    OK so you want everything from Final on down not available unless the "Check for Yes" checkbox in the Final section is checked off?

8. Gemuine

Gemuine Thread Starter

Jim:
    I goy a notification that your posted something but I dont see it. I want to make sure that I answer you.
    Your question was:

OK so you want everything from Final on down not available unless the "Check for Yes" checkbox in the Final section is checked off?

Answer:
    Yes, please and thank you

9. jimr381

jimr381

First Name:
    Jim
    OK I fixed your Internal Date setvalue. The field name was off. ;) Do you want me to do a switchboard as well? Also when naming the fields it is good form to use no space in the name of the field and then set the caption to resemble the field having spaces.

10. jimr381

jimr381

First Name:
    Jim
    Also as an addendum Will mail date be filled in when it is marked as completed or acknowledgement?

11. Gemuine

Gemuine Thread Starter

The mail date is manual entered. So no need to do anything with that. If you could, can you do the switchboard. Of course I still have to add the reports and add more items to the switchboard but I can take care of that( I think). Can I see the file?

12. jimr381

jimr381

First Name:
    Jim
    But is there something in the Mail Date field when the current stage should be set to completed or acknowledgement?

13. Gemuine

Gemuine Thread Starter

The mail date should not need any coding. That is manually entered. This is how this wroks, when the user types in a date in the Mail date field, the next thing they need to do is select "completed" or "acknowledgement" on the that field. So if they select completed then the other fields should be grayed out meaning that is it. No additional information is needed. Record closed

14. jimr381

jimr381

First Name:
    Jim
    I was not trying to add coding to the mail date field. ;) I was looking for another variable so I can tell the system to set the current stage up.

15. Gemuine

Gemuine Thread Starter

BTW, I sent you an email because I think I gave you the wrong answer. But as far as the mail date, nothing the only thing that's there is a date that the users place. Would it be better if I just call u so that I can explain further?

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/616988

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice