1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Need Help With Accessing Website With Norton

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by daladypaints, Aug 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. daladypaints

daladypaints Thread Starter

Hi.

I use Norton Internet Security 2003. I am a member of One Touch Gold, which is a website for people that use the One Touch Glucometers to check their blood glucose levels. On this site, there is a link for a meal planner, a recipe box, and a fitness planner. I can get none of those to open with Norton Enabled. When i disable Norton, they work. How can i talk norton into letting me look at these sites? :) ? I promise, there are no naked ladies or Shennanigans going on there! Lol...any help will be appreciated!

Daladypaints.

Ps...I go somewhere else for Shennanigans...LOL

2. 104456

Dont use it myself but is there a manual website settings option somewhere within the program as it sounds like its blocking java or active x?

A quick look suggests it might be under Productivity Control

3. TOGG

TOGG

4. daladypaints

daladypaints Thread Starter

I use Norton Internet security 2003. Do you know where i would find the productivity control? This is what i did:

I went to

options

web content

then i enter the website

then i clicked to allow active x and java and cookies

I saved

Used ATF to clean everything

then restarted my computer and tried again....but it still won't let me.

I appreciate your help.

daladypaints

5. TOGG

TOGG

I have no personal experience of NIS, which is why I suggested that you consult the Users Guide.

Unless you get an error message when the pages you are interested fail to load, it may be impossible to be sure which part of NIS needs adjusting, although I assume it's the firewall and some kind of cookie or script blocking rule.

There is an article in Symantec's Knowledgebase about adding or amending firewall rules, but it looks pretty complex to me!; http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPOR...88256cda007b2896?OpenDocument&src=bar_sch_nam

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/490410

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice