1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Need help with Acronis True Image 10

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by Alex Ethridge, Feb 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Alex Ethridge

Alex Ethridge Thread Starter

I have the full retail boxed version of Acronis True Image 10 and am working from the bootable CD.

I have a new, unpartitioned hard disk here and I cannot see how I am supposed to rezize the partitions. Acronis wants to resize proportionally and I don't want that. I have read the on-line manual and I can't see anything that addresses that.

To be clear, I really want to transfer only one partition (the Active partition, Drive C) and I want it to be the same size on the new disk as on the old. But, Acronis wants to make it much larger and I don't want that.

2. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

You need to pick the optional overrides and tell it you want to manually control the process. I stepped through a restore with 9.1 Workstation until I came to this screen, and version 10 is very similar. you can resize the destination partition here.

Attached Files:

• ti.jpg
      ti.jpg
      File size:
      46.3 KB
      Views:
  3. Alex Ethridge

I think maybe you are seeing this in Windows. I am not running it from Windows. I'm using the boot disk.

I have the top part of the GUI you show; but, I have none of the firelds "free space before", "free space after" or "partition size".

I am beginning to think the boot disk version doesn't have these features.

4. JohnWill

It should look identical from the boot CD. I just booted up the TI 10 disk, and got the exact result. Note the resizing and unallocated space indicated on the screen, I told it to resize.

Attached Files:

5. Alex Ethridge

I guess I'll take another look at it; but, I went through this thing with great care looking for alternatives in case I was doing something wrong and didn't find anything.

6. JohnWill

All I can say is it works that way for me, and always has.

7. Alex Ethridge

Seems like I am always having problems others don't have. Must be my twisted brain.

I'll be back at it before next week is over and write down my step-by-steps and post them here. Maybe you can tell something from that.

Later,

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/542666

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice