1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

need help with asp.net

Discussion in 'Software Development' started by bretta91, Jan 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bretta91

bretta91 Thread Starter

[using vs2008 + SQL express +c#]
    Hello, im relatively new to web development and i need some guidance to connect the pages to the database:

1. Connect a text (this is just text that shows on the website, like title and price) to specific field in the sql database so that when the field is updated in the database the text on the page must be updated also.

2. Connect some pictures (ex. product pictures) to image fields in the database so that when the image is changed in the database the website must get the new picture also.[to be used for pictures and text for featured items on the main page.]

thanks in advance

2. gyclone

gyclone

Your question is really too broad, I think, for you to get much help in a forum. I'd recommend that you look under the "Getting Started" section on the "Start" page in Visual Studio and follow the "How Do I ..." link, as well as the other links in that section. There are some great, very basic walkthroughs that will have you writing database applications in no time. There are also a lot of great walkthroughs available at http://asp.net

Once you get the basic idea and have some code started, you'll be able to ask more specific questions and you'll probably get the help you're hoping for. If you have some more specific questions now, I'd be happy to try to answer them.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/974305

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice