1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Need help with Asus A8V Deluxe motherboard

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Saft, Sep 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Saft

Saft Thread Starter

Hello! I have exactly the same problem as in this thread with the same setup: http://forums.techguy.org/hardware/457389-usb-over-current-status-detected.html

I want to roll back my bios version to 1015 but the EZ flash utility will not read from the floppy disk i only get "floppy disk not found error" altough I have renamed the file to A8V.ROM as it says in the manual. Does anyone have any sugesstions? I really need my computer:/

2. Saft

Saft Thread Starter

I cant use the awdflash or afudos utility either since I can't get past POST and boot from floppy or cd.

3. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

A little more info would be helpful.

Was this a working system that you flashed with a new bios and it will not post now?

What was the problem / issue that you flashed the bios for? Please do not say you flashed just to have the latest bios.

Have you tried clearing cmos or rtc in asus speak?

4. Saft

Saft Thread Starter

Yes it was a working system. The reason i choose to update the bios was that I had some problems in memtest. In the verision of the bios I had I was not able to set the volt frequency to the needed 2.75 so I flashed to the newest version hoping that they had fixed that. Yes I'v tried clearing CMOS.

5. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

I have the same board in my wife's system. It has the bios voltage adj and it is running version 1013 [I think it has been a long time since updating it]
    The voltage adjustment is there, you just need to look in the correct spot.

As to your problem. If it does not access either the floppy OR the CD drive, you will be unable to reflash the bios without pulling the chip and having a shop write the bios for you.

I would try pulling the power from all drives except the CD drive. Now read your manual about the crash free bios option and how to do this task. Basically you place your asus support CD in the drive and restart. The bios recovery is part of the support CD.

Good luck this has been known to work and also to fail to update the bios. Post back with results.

6. Saft

Saft Thread Starter

Thank you for your help. You have been very kind. I left it to a service shop to rewrite it for me.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/500457

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice