1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Need Help With (Battlefield 2142 patch Install)

Discussion in 'Games' started by davidss, Sep 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. davidss

davidss Thread Starter

Okej So I Got The Game But I Cant Play Cause I Need To Install 2 Patches First But When I try to install a patch it says [Cant Find The Installation Folder For Battlefield 2142] or something close to that (im not english :/ )

pls help if you can or help me find a email for customer support couldnt find it:/

2. Darkicon

Darkicon

That's an annoying problem that happens sometimes.

I seriously suggest you do not do this, but this is the only way to fix it without reinstalling it:

1. Press Win+R, or go to Start>Run, type in regedit, and go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE>Software>Electronic Arts and look for the Battlefield 2142 folder, if it's not there, check for it in a folder called EA Games or Electronic Arts in the Electronic Arts folder.

If it's not there, the install never added a registry entry, so you'll need to reinstall it. If it is:

Since I don't have Battlefield 2142, I don't know the proper field, but it should be key called "InstallLoc", "InstallDir", or "DataDir", double click on it and verify that it is set to where Battlefield 2142 is installed, if it's not, then change it to the proper directory.

Again, I suggest you don't do this, as messing with the registry editor can severely screw up your computer.

3. davidss

davidss Thread Starter

well its there but i get an error when trying to uninstall so now i cant launch a patch and i cant uninstall...

4. Darkicon

Darkicon

Yeah that can happen if you mess with the registry, it's risky business to change registry values. If you remember the old value, change it back and try to uninstall, if it doesn't work, you'll need to manually delete it, by deleting the entire registry entry for the game and the directory.

5. davidss

davidss Thread Starter

if i messed with registry i didnt know cause i dont know what it is LAl how do i change back to old values??? um or how do i mannually delete everythin...

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/753031

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice