1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Need help with BIOS

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by hotstreak608, Dec 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. hotstreak608

hotstreak608 Thread Starter

Hi, I just installed and AMD Phenom II 965 and it is telling me "AMD Processor Model Unknown"

I read that I need to update my bios but I can't find bios for my board.

Attached Files:

2. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

First of all before anyone can help you, you need to post your exact system specs ie make and model of mb, etc.

If this is a big box system ie dell, hp, whatever, then post the exact model #. [If it is a big box system I would not have much hope for an update]

If it is not a big box system, then post the exact make and model # of the board [open the case and look the mfg and model are silkscreened on the board]

3. dustyjay

dustyjay

First Name:
    Jay
    This happened to me on a Compaq Presario HR2168HM. I upgraded from a Sempron processor to an Athlon X2 be2400, post and BIOS both report Unknown Processor model CPUz identifies the processor properly just like yours with the exception of the Processor Specification. I updated the BIOS to the latest and greatest, yet this did not correct the Processor ID in BIOS or The error in CPUz, however that is the only problem and the processor operates as it is designed to otherwise.

4. hotstreak608

The mobo model and everything is in one of the pics, it is not a dell it is a custom built comp. And it is not working how it should..CPUz is saying it's clocking 800mhz when it should be clocking 3.4ghz.

5. K7M

K7M

6. dustyjay

dustyjay

First Name:
    Jay
    according to the CPU Support list for your motherboard your CPU is not on the supported cpu list.

7. hotstreak608

Yeah My AMD athlon 6000+ isn't on that list either but It works perfectly and I have been running it for 3 years. There are no BIOS updates for my mobo apparently.

8. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

And your point is???

When you install an unsupported cpu, it might work and it might not. I have one system here running a 6400+ on a biostar board [not listed as supported] it works fine however if it did not, I would not be upset.

In short when you install something that is not supported, you are in effect a beta tester.

9. hotstreak608

The Problem is I can't find any BIOS updates for this board..it's weird..

10. K7M

K7M

There are no updates on the mfg website, so you won't find any. As crjdriver said "In short when you install something that is not supported, you are in effect a beta tester."

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/970554

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice