1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Need help with blue screen errors - how to fix???

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by Phillies2013, Feb 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Phillies2013

Phillies2013 Thread Starter

Dear Tech Guys:

About a month ago I received a prompt to upgrade to the latest version of Windows IE. After a failed attempt, I was prompted to install the Vista service packs. After four attempts, I was unable to successfully download the service packs, so I just installed Google Chrome as my new browser.

A few weeks later I started to receive blue message errors (several different ones but mostly the one that's marked "stop DRIVER_IRQL ...", and after doing some research I learned that I needed to install Vista service packs again, so I tried to download them but I keep getting installation errors.

I was thinking of purchasing Windows 7 to see if that would work on my computer, but I read on the internet that Vista users should have the most recent version of the service packs installed; and because I don't, I am afraid to try Windows 7 on my PC.

Is there a software package I could buy that would be safe to install that would eliminate or fix this problem? Or do you think it's time for a new PC or laptop? Any help you can give will be much appreciated!

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
    OS Version: Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Home Premium, 32 bit
    Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 5600+, x64 Family 15 Model 67 Stepping 3
    Processor Count: 2
    RAM: 2941 Mb
    Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE nForce 430, 128 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: Total - 467154 MB, Free - 431274 MB; D: Total - 9782 MB, Free - 1325 MB;
    Motherboard: ASUSTek Computer INC., NARRA2
    Antivirus: Spyware Doctor with AntiVirus, Updated: Yes, On-Demand Scanner: Enabled

2. Laz123

Laz123 Banned

Have you run a sfc, or tried a repair install?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!