1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Need Help With Boot Disks For Xp!!!

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by metallica151, Jun 28, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. metallica151

metallica151 Thread Starter

i need some help...i wanna take a boot disk pack i d/l off of microsoft and instead of using 6 floppies which i dont have...use cd-roms...if any1 can help me i will be sooo thankful. i think my XP got screwed up by a hacker..

Attached Files:

2. metallica151

all i have is cd-roms and no floppies and are desperate to fix it tonight

3. Compumedic

Compumedic

That's a good idea but I have never heard of it being done and really don't know that it can be done in your situation. I would say you could make the disk set normally and then copy the setup files from the floppy disks onto six seperate CD's and then boot from the CD drive and see if that would work.

But since you have no floppy's that really is'nt going to help. Whenever you click on the setup disk program that you downloaded, it automatically looks to your A:\ drive for a floppy disk. Unless Microsoft has another version of the setup disk program I think your sort of stuck until you get some floppy's.

Sorry.

What problem are you having that you need the setup disks for?

4. metallica151

my uncle told me to do that cuz i told him i i cant un install Norton Internet Security and its screwing up my comp...my system restore, help and support, and other things that would normally help me dont work and i cant access yahoo like i could b4..i cant see words on my yahoo messanger or see ANY chat(yahoo, msn)or even access a few web pages...and i dont have any parental control stuff on there

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/143026

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice