Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Need help with Brothers word processor

674 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  CodeLexicon 
#1 ·
I am not sure this is the right place to post. I have a Brothers Word Processor 760-D. I use it to make multiply envelopes to one address. All of a sudden it will type 4-5 envelopes correctly and then start randomly typing odd numbers, letters and symbols? It goes nuts. I turn it off and sometimes can get some more made after putting address in again but it always starts doing it again. This is my second Brothers that has done this and I have no book with it. I tried unplugging it to clear out the programming with no success. I need to talk to Brothers Tech support but can't find any info. I would apprecaite any help.

#2 ·
It sounds like a problem with the daisywheel not returning to the correct position between jobs. As you say, the problem goes away temporarily when you power down, which resets the wheel. I don't know enough about the mechanics to say whether a new daisy wheel is needed or there might be another problem. If you open it up, you might check for obvious problems. The daisywheel is a replaceable part, for example.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.