1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Need Help with Building PC

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by PCLaughton, Nov 10, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. PCLaughton

PCLaughton Thread Starter

Tried building my own PC, much more of an experienced software guy than hardware, and as I expected, I screwed it up.

I'm trying to run:
    Intel D875PBZ Motherboard
    Intel 3.2 GHz Pentium IV
    2xKingston 512mb PC3200 DDR
    GeForce 5200 128MB

I've also scavenged two hard drives from my old computer, but I have no idea what they are.

Here's my problem: I get 3 long beeps at startup but nothing on the monitor, it reads from the hard drive for a bit, then nothing until I turn it off. I've tried reseating the RAM as I read that's what the beep code could mean. Any suggestions on what to do next?

2. /\/\r.Abdul

/\/\r.Abdul

try one ram stick at a time.

3. /\/\r.Abdul

/\/\r.Abdul

Look what i just found:
    http://forums.devshed.com/archive/t-180986

i was suprised with how many people have the same problem(well not same but supprisingly simliar).

o yeah all are usiong 3.2Ghz on the same board as you. Amazing.

4. paul selhi

paul selhi

For the beep codes you need to look at your MB docs or visit the website of the manufacturer. beep codes tell a story you just need to know where the book is

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/294579

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice