1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Need help with clipper program!

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Linpin, Sep 23, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Linpin

Linpin Thread Starter

Hi
    I am running a clipper program on a novell network, and my client machines have been running on Windows 95/98.
    I have been operating with the following line in the autoexec.bat :SET CLIPPER=E:00;F:250;SWAPPATH:'C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\'

I have a machine that is not running on Windows XP, and i have no idea where to add the above line, or how to make it work..
    each time i try to run that program i get the following error "Unrecoverable Error 5311; cannot create VM swap file"
    where do i set the variables in Windows XP?.

Thanks!

2. DarthvJorge

DarthvJorge

Linpin:

Go to C:\windows\system32, and edit Autoexec.NT and Config.NT there is where the environment variables and DOS configuration must be set, every Dos Box that is opened will use the values within this files.

DonĀ“t expect to see them if you type the SET command, but they are initialized and the clipper program will read them.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/166785

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice