1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Need help with Data Recover

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by JLe2k, Nov 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JLe2k

JLe2k Thread Starter

Hey I was using g parted to move my partition to the left to the beginning after i just deleted a partition and everything was going fine until my power went out. Now when i try to boot it just says Boot0: MBR and boot0: done, so the question is there any way i can fix this or recover my data? thanks

2. zyper95

zyper95

It is possible that Boot MBR of your computer is corrupted, try to boot from your OS disc and try to use the repair option.

3. 1002richards

1002richards Retired Trusted Advisor

Just in case you want step by step to zyper95's suggestion:

To run the Bootrec.exe tool, you must start Windows RE. To do this, follow these steps:
    1. Put the Windows Vista or Windows 7 installation disc in the disc drive, and then start the computer.
    2. Press a key when you are prompted.
    3. Select a language, a time, a currency, a keyboard or an input method, and then click Next.
    4. Click Repair your computer.
    5. Click the operating system that you want to repair, and then click Next.
    6. In the System Recovery Options dialog box, click Command Prompt.
    7. Type Bootrec.exe, and then press ENTER.
    Note To start the computer from the Windows Vista or Windows 7 DVD, the computer must be configured to start from the DVD drive.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/880015

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice