Need help with DISC BOOT ERROR

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

biz

I have an old Sony Viao desktop Over the years both the CD Rom & DVD rom drawers have broken.
I now have a system boot error & must insert a system disk & press enter to re load all my stuff.....Problem is the CD rom drive doesnt work. I bought an external CD ROM drive but I guess the computer doesnt recognize it.
I tried inserting the disc into both drives, One drive just grinds & the other nothing happens
Any ideas/suggestions...(other than throw it out)
:eek:)
Thanks

biz

nothing will boot up........so a memory stick wont work either....

dai

have you checked the disk is bootable on another computer

biz

It is not the disc... my computer crashed & I need to reload it...but have no working cd rom drives.
It's an old computer.

dai

you will need to get hold of a internal dvd drive

new ones are cheap these days or a friend may have one lying around

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online