Need help with Drive errors preventing system restore on eMachines

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Pumkin

My eMachines computer is running on widows XP but in the past while its started to mess up a lot, so i've decided to restore it to factory settings.

But, this is where the problem lies, once the 1st disc [eMachines Restore CD Ver.1.1, 820] is in and ive restarted it goes into the "Warning, this will delete all files on C:" once ive answered yes to all of these the "Symtec Ghost" usually would start on times ive done this before; but now i just get "Error, Drive R is unreadable"

So i can't restore to factory settings, and i really need to! Help!!

I have a bad feeling, do you still get back into your system, if not you can probably repair the instalation with an XP cd, andif so and if no one has a better idea, you might first try driver magician to gather all your drivers because if the drive where your ghost has been lost or something, it is always good to be able to just save/reformat/reinstal/load but for that you have to have the drivers gathered beforehard and have a copy of the same XP(pro or home), the rest since you have used your recovery disk before is simple enough. btw I am glad you are doing save/reformat/reinstal/load shows a spirit of self reliance.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts