1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Need Help with Driver updates PLEASE!!!??

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by kym086, Dec 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. kym086

kym086 Thread Starter

Hi, I need help with finding free updates for my Drivers, I have a Intel I believe, my computer says Tri-state computers on it. I have windows xp professional. I need driver updates for the following:

I have plug and play monitor by microsoft,
    i have version 5.1.2001.0,
    i need version 1.4.0.9.
    Next
    I need a system device update.
    I have intel 82845g/gl/ge/pe/gv processor to I/O controller-2560,version 4.4.1005.0,
    i need upgrade 5.1.0.1006.
    Last
    I need a network adaptors update.
    I have intel pro/100 VE network connection. I have version 6.1.3.0,
    I need 8.0.47.0

If anyone could help me it would be greatly appreciated I have no idea how to find these kinds of things, I've tried. and tried some more. Thanks:)

2. lisa6447

lisa6447

on the intel website it as a analizing tool which you can downloal it then scans your computer for your drivers it also tells you if they are current or not hope this helps

3. win2kpro

win2kpro

Apparently you have a motherboard using an Intel 845 series chipset, but some of the drivers you are looking for don't look familiar to me.

Run the Intel Board ID Tool;

http://www.intel.com/support/motherboards/desktop/sb/CS-012681.htm

and post the information the tool provides. Read the information provided regarding running the ID tool.

4. win2kpro

win2kpro

Also before you update any drivers, access BIOS post the BIOS string for your motherboard.

To access BIOS, restart the machine and continuously tap the F2 key and BIOS should open. When BIOS opens you should see a BIOS string that will look similar to this example;

PT84520A.86A.0015.P08.0302261328

Post the BIOS string you see in your BIOS.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/884617

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice