Need Help With Drivers ASAP...

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

T.M.

Banned
Hi. I recently was on another forum, and I had a problem with my sound card. I downloaded Everest and gave the administrator my info and he said I needed the driver "SiS 7012"(Silicon Integrated Systems) for my sound card. I already knew that that driver was what I needed but then he helped me more by giving me links to where i can get the driver. So....I went to all of the links and tried them all but everytime I went to install the driver (setup), 10% through It a box comes up saying -536870397......(not sure if that means anything to you), then I press ok and another box comes up saying something like "Installation cannot continue. Setup will close...(not exact wording but close enough). I phoned a technician about my problem and he told me to do this:"rightclick on my computer and go to properties.Click the hardware tab and go to device manager.Click on the hardware that needs the driver(Multimedia Audio Controller) and click properties.Click the driver tab and click "update driver".Then click "include this directory in my search" and click browse. Then click the file where the driver is." So....I did this and it didnt work...then the ******* hung up. I'm not sure what to do and I really need help ASAP because its very urgent that my sound works for a upcoming co-worker party.Whats a party without a working computer with sound for funny videos and other crap,eh?..Anyways I could really use help and would give anything for a solution...I have tried so many people and forums and I hope this is my last stop. If anyone can help me I would even send them money..Thank you for taking the time to read this...PLEASE HELP...

pugmug

Banned
Will try but need more computer info.Make, model, mobo, OS, sound card.

T.M.

Banned
Here Ya go...This Is All My Info pugmug..(or other people wanting to help)

--------[ Summary ]-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Computer:
Operating System Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
OS Service Pack Service Pack 1
DirectX 4.09.00.0904 (DirectX 9.0c)
Computer Name FAMILY
User Name Ty Russ And Laurie

Motherboard:
CPU Type Intel Celeron, 1700 MHz (17 x 100)
Motherboard Name ECS P4S5MG/651+ (2 PCI, 1 AGP, 1 AMR, 2 SDR DIMM, 2 DDR DIMM, Audio, Video)
Motherboard Chipset SiS 651
System Memory 256 MB (PC133 SDRAM)
BIOS Type AMI (08/30/02)
Communication Port Communications Port (COM1)
Communication Port ECP Printer Port (LPT1)

Display:
Video Adapter nVIDIA GeForce4 MX 440SE with AGP8X (MSI MX440SE)
3D Accelerator nVIDIA GeForce4 MX 440SE with AGP8X

Multimedia:
Audio Adapter SiS 7012 Audio Device

Storage:
IDE Controller SiS PCI IDE Controller
Floppy Drive Floppy disk drive
Disk Drive WDC WD400BB-00FJA0 (37 GB, IDE)
Optical Drive HL-DT-ST CD-ROM GCR-8520B (52x CD-ROM)
Optical Drive LITE-ON LTR-40125S (40x/12x/48x CD-RW)
SMART Hard Disks Status OK

Partitions:
C: (NTFS) 38154 MB (33088 MB free)

Input:
Keyboard PC/AT Enhanced PS/2 Keyboard (101/102-Key)
Mouse HID-compliant mouse

Network:
Network Adapter ADMtek AN983 based ethernet adapter (70.69.218.95)
Network Adapter SiS 900 PCI Fast Ethernet Adapter

Peripherals:
USB1 Controller SiS 7001 PCI-USB Open Host Controller
USB1 Controller Standard OpenHCD USB Host Controller [NoDB]
USB2 Controller SiS 7002 USB 2.0 Enhanced Host Controller
USB Device USB Human Interface Device

T.M.

Banned
ummm...maybe you didnt fully understand my problem.....I HAVE the driver but i cant get it to work.....i actually already have that one.....what i need is help on installing it because 10% through it stops (see more in 1st thread above)......PLEASE HELP.....I'll do ANYTHING.....I'll pay money, I'll get you anything.....just HELP ME!!!....

pugmug

Banned
Ok,TM-I have had a look at your motherboard settings and as you are a beginner and this fix can get involved,PM me here on this site and I will give you a phone number to call so I can talk you through this problem.

crjdriver

This might seem like a silly question, however where did you download the sound driver from?

Did you download it from ecs's site? I have checked the ecs site for your board. It appears that there are two drivers listed under sound; a sis driver and an ac97 driver. Have you installed [or tried to install] both of them?

Here is a link to the driver page, sorry the hyperlink insert is not working.

http://www.ecs.com.tw/ECSWeb/Downlo...DetailDesc=P4S5MG/651+(5.1)&MenuID=35&LanID=0

crjdriver

BTW those apps that tell you what hardware is installed are good, however they do not replace pulling the side cover and taking a look with the markI mod0 eyeball. It might be a good idea to pull your cover and see what you really have installed.

pugmug

Banned
flrman1,as I am not a fast typer is there a problem with me talking him through it on a phone?

pugmug

Banned
Alan18,safety-his or mine?As I have no difficulty fixing his problem,nor do I want or need his money and I am willing to give the phone number out to help this person,how does it affect this site?It seems no one wanted to help this person to start with,now these comments out of the blue seems strange to me.

pugmug

Banned
How do you come up with caller id will not do anything for the person?

pugmug

Banned
As it's my number not his and I will know who is calling me I would think that is fair for my protection,don't you? As far as the number goes,once I give it to that person they can go on line an check it out to make sure it's ok,don't you think/

pugmug

Banned
Well I guess Alan is gone.TM this is between you and me,and I was just trying to help you.Take it for what it's worth.Also if someone helps you please take whatever funds you can and send it to this nice site.Have a nice day.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online