1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Need help with drivers PLEASE!

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by The Star Forger, Sep 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. The Star Forger

The Star Forger Thread Starter

Ok, so I've had this emachines computer (a T6000) for a long time and just last weekend some crazy hacker broke into my system and ate EVERYTHING! (<-- yes literally ATE it all) So I reformated my Hard Drive with windows XP Home edition. This went all fine untill I decided to listen to some music....

Then it happened....

No sound....

DDDDDAAAAAAAAMMMMMM IIIIIIIIIITTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So the new OS didn't install drivers for sound, the emachine's website doesn't even have drivers for the T6000, and the computer doesn't even know theres a sound card jammed up its... well, its been frustrating and any help you all can give would be much MUCH appreciated.

2. Hughv

Hughv

3. The Star Forger

The Star Forger Thread Starter

I Used Everest and it said that my computer doesn't have a sound card. (Under the multimedia section it says "none detected")

I called the tech support and found out that they don't supply drivers for a emachines T6000 anymore...

If ANYONE knows ANYTHING about where to find an emachines T6000 desktop restore disk - or downloadable software - PLEASE post it here!

The other option would be to find out what sound card I got and manually update the driver for it but I've tried Belarc and EVEREST advisers btu found nothing....

I know the sound card is there... But my computer remains ignorant no matter what I do....

4. Hughv

Hughv

Is this a card, or is it onboard sound?
    If it's a card, open the case and re-seat it and try again.
    If it's onboard, tell us the motherboard Name and model.
    You might need to invest in a card-they're cheap enough.
    USB speakers might solve the problem.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/752463

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice