1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Need help with fan

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Negotiator, Jan 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Negotiator

Negotiator Thread Starter

Even when I load onto the desktop the fan on the graphics card still runs on the maxium rpm. Its so annoying. The driver doesnt seem to slow the fan down. What can I do? Also I did some testing, when i uninstall the cards drivers,then reinstall them, the card works perfectly,i tested further. I reset the pc and the card was still working perfectly. BUT however when i power down the pc and switch it on again the problem returns.

2. Jones

Jones

Well, most likely it's a heat issue. If the fan is designed to run at variable speeds relative to the amount of heat generated, then there is likely not enough ventilation in your case. Can you describe how your cooling fans are arranged (how many, what position in the case, and which way they blow) so we can get a better idea of your setup. Also, post some specs on your system components.

3. Negotiator

Negotiator Thread Starter

the card runs at 35 degrees c it is a MSI 7800gt. That is the only card in the pc. No it is not over heating. The case is at 18 degrees c

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/437643

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice